Saturday, November 26, 2005

Post-climax reflections

I'm finally resting after a busy week. I didn't realize how much energy I had really expended to prepare for this workshop, but my inability to stay up last night to help my husband prepare for the missions dinner was surely an indication for me that I was tired.

Today I find myself reflecting upon "What now?". It's funny, after the climax of a story, the rest of the story always seems to descend down to a blur of nothingness and that is exactly how I feel. I find myself doubting the real effect we had in presenting our workshop, and will we really make a difference in the Ontario education system. In addition, is the cause we are fighting really worth fighting for in the grand scheme of things? In God's kingdom perspective? But then I find myself wondering is it worthwhile to pursue progress in North America at all given that there is so much of the world suffering with just the basic essentials. I'm not sure. I do believe in our cause. I think that it's definitely for the better. But are we ready to move to this stage yet in Ontario? Should we really improve our educational system with technology even though it is better? Is there better ways to spend the money? Hmmm...I guess that depends on what other agendas the province needs to deal with. Definitely tough questions.

In the meantime, perhaps meeting Gerard Kennedy (Minister of Education) is just a way for me to think, "All I can do is present what I think is effective, and in the end he will have to make the budgeting decisions given the big picture that he has." Do I have faith that he will make a wise choice? I'm not sure, but hopefully he will. And in the meantime, I can only be a lampstand for Christ. I can share my findings in as clear and objective a way as possible, with integrity and sincerity, and God will have to lead the rest of the way. But this reflection has been good. I think I'm gaining more of a clear perspective of what a daunting task it is to be elected into a role of power and influence in our country. I pray God will raise wise and faithful leaders to take up these important roles.

No comments: